Bamboo Shoots vs Corn: Choose Wisely
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Corn vs Bamboo shoots: Nutrition Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Corn|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.07 mg|
Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in corn.
In bamboo shoots and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with corn in details.
Bamboo shoots And Corn Nutrition Difference
corn - 219% more than bamboo shoots
corn - 260% more than bamboo shoots
corn - 350% more than bamboo shoots
- Dietary fiber:
bamboo shoots - 10% more than corn
corn - 26% more than bamboo shoots
Less protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 260%.
Less fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 350%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
corn - 3% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
bamboo shoots - 27% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
corn - 195% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5:
corn - 345% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6:
bamboo shoots - 158% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
corn - 500% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C:
corn - 70% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E:
bamboo shoots - 1329% more than corn
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs corn
bamboo shoots - 550% more than corn
corn - 4% more than bamboo shoots
corn - 1133% more than bamboo shoots
bamboo shoots - 97% more than corn
corn - 275% more than bamboo shoots
bamboo shoots - 139% more than corn
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of corn
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Turnip nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Watercress calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Zucchini protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Ginger sugar
- Beetroot vs Pepper vitamins
- Beetroot vs Broccoli dietary fiber
- Beetroot vs Brussels Sprouts vitaminium C
- Beetroot vs Butternut Squash magnessium
- Beetroot vs Cabbage potassium