Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is just a little more calories than in cabbage.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and cabbage 25 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8%.
In bamboo shoots and in cabbage most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with cabbage in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Cabbage Nutrition Difference
Cabbage vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Cabbage|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||5.8 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2.5 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1.3 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||40 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.47 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||26 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||170 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.234 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.124 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||53 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||36.6 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in cabbage.
There is 1.3g per 100g of cabbage and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 100%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in cabbage.
There is 5.8g/100g of carbohydrates in cabbage and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 12%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in cabbage.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in cabbage and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: cabbage vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 146% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 75% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bamboo shoots 156% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B5: cabbage 32% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 94% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cabbage 657% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: cabbage 815% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs cabbage
- Calcium: cabbage 208% more than bamboo shoots
- Iron: bamboo shoots 6% more than cabbage
- Magnessium: cabbage 300% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: bamboo shoots 127% more than cabbage
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 214% more than cabbage
- Sodium: cabbage 350% more than bamboo shoots
- Zink: bamboo shoots 511% more than cabbage
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of cabbage
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Leek calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn potassium