Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Asparagus
At first glance, you can see that in asparagus is less calories than in bamboo shoots.
Asparagus has 20 kcal per 100g and bamboo shoots 27 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 35%.
In asparagus and in bamboo shoots most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare asparagus with bamboo shoots in details.
Fact 2: Asparagus And Bamboo shoots Nutrition Difference
Bamboo shoots vs Asparagus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Asparagus||Bamboo shoots|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||5.2 g|
|Fat||0.12 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||2.2 g||2.6 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||13 mg|
|Iron||1.14 mg||0.5 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||3 mg|
|Phosphorus||52 mg||59 mg|
|Potassium||202 mg||533 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.54 mg||1.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.143 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.141 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.978 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.274 mg||0.161 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||52 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.6 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.13 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in asparagus
It is aslo easy to see see that in asparagus is less protein than in bamboo shoots.
There is 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots and 2.2g per 100g of asparagus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18%.
Less carbohydrates in asparagus
In asparagus is less carbohydrates than in bamboo shoots.
There is 5.2g/100g of carbohydrates in bamboo shoots and 3.38g/100g in asparagus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54%.
Less fat in asparagus
In asparagus is less fats than in bamboo shoots.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in bamboo shoots and 0.12g/100g in asparagus. In this case difference is about 150%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat0.12 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein2.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | bunch | cup | half cup
- 58% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: bamboo shoots vs asparagus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 5% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): asparagus 101% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): asparagus 63% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: asparagus 70% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 164% more than asparagus
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): asparagus 643% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: asparagus 40% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: asparagus 13% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: asparagus vs bamboo shoots
- Calcium: asparagus 85% more than bamboo shoots
- Iron: asparagus 128% more than bamboo shoots
- Magnessium: asparagus 367% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: bamboo shoots 13% more than asparagus
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 164% more than asparagus
- Sodium: bamboo shoots 100% more than asparagus
- Zink: bamboo shoots 104% more than asparagus
Compares of asparagus
- Asparagus vs Artichoke
- Asparagus vs Arugula
- Asparagus vs Bamboo Shoots
- Asparagus vs Beetroot
- Asparagus vs Bok Choy
- Asparagus vs Broccoli
- see all compares of asparagus