Red Bell Pepper: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Also known as (other names): pepper
How many calories in pepper?
To give you an idea, medium size pepper (250 g) has about 78 calories.
It is about 3% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 78 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from pepper is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 1.5 apples
- 1 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 0.5 slice of bread
- 0.5 glass of milk
- 4 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about pepper nutrition.
See all nutrition data of pepper on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Pepper (250 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size pepper (250 g)|
|Carbs Total||6.03 g||1.71 g||15.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||0.6 g||5.3 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||< 0.1 g||0.8 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||0.28 g||2.5 g|
pepper - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A3131 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.054 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.085 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.979 mg
- Vit B60.291 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)46 mcg
- Vit C127.7 mg
- Vit E1.58 mg
- Vit K4.9 mg
Energy content of pepper
- 78% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
pepper - minerals per 100g
- Potassium211 mg
- Phosphorus26 mg
- Magnessium12 mg
- Calcium7 mg
- Sodium4 mg
- Iron0.43 mg
- Zink0.25 mg
- Beta karoten20 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 peppers?
As I wrote before medium size pepper (250 g) have 78 calories. It is easy to count that two peppers have about 156 calories and three peppers have about 234 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five peppers.
- Medium size pepper (250 g)78 kcal
- Cup of pepper (136g)42 kcal
- Half cup of pepper (68g)21 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of peppers9 kcal
- Half of medium size pepper39 kcal
- Small size pepper (200g)62.4 kcal
- Big size pepper (325g)101.4 kcal
- Two medium size peppers156 kcal
- Three medium size peppers234 kcal
- Four medium size peppers312 kcal
- Five medium size peppers390 kcal
Protein in pepper
Peppers have 0.99 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size pepper (250 g) you can see that you will get about 2.5 g of protein.
Carbs in peppers
Peppers have 6.03 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size pepper (250 g) has about 15.1 g of carbs.
Fat in peppers
Peppers have 0.3 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size pepper (250 g) has about 0.8 g of fat.
medium size pepper (250 g) has:78kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare pepper with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how pepper looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in cauliflower?
- How much fat in fodder cabbage?
- How much protein in cucumber?
- What is weight of eggplant?
- Endive calories per ounce (oz)
- Fava beans calories per serving size