Melon vs Pumpkin: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Melon
At first glance, you can see that in melon is more calories than in pumpkin.
Melon has 34 kcal per 100g and pumpkin 26 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 31%.
In melon and in pumpkin most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare melon with pumpkin in details.
Fact 2: Melon And Pumpkin Nutrition Difference
Pumpkin vs Melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.6 g||6.5 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||1 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||21 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.8 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||340 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.026 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.105 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||21 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||1.06 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.5 mg||1.1 mg|
|Beta karoten||2020 mg||3100 mg|
Less protein in melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in melon is less protein than in pumpkin.
There is 1g per 100g of pumpkin and 0.84g per 100g of melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
More carbohydrates in melon
In melon is more carbohydrates than in pumpkin.
There is 6.5g/100g of carbohydrates in pumpkin and 8.6g/100g in melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 32%.
More fat in melon
In melon is more fats than in pumpkin.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in pumpkin and 0.19g/100g in melon. In this case difference is about 90%.
- Carbohydrates8.6 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: pumpkin vs melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pumpkin 194% more than melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin 323% more than melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): melon 22% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B5: pumpkin 184% more than melon
- Vitaminium B6: melon 18% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): melon 31% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium C: melon 308% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin 2020% more than melon
- Vitaminium K: melon 127% more than pumpkin
- Beta karoten: pumpkin 53% more than melon
Minerals: melon vs pumpkin
Compares of melon
- Melon vs Apple
- Melon vs Apricot
- Melon vs Avocado
- Melon vs Banana
- Melon vs Blueberries
- Melon vs Cherries
- see all compares of melon
Compares of pumpkin
- see all compares of pumpkin
- Calories from Melon
- Calories of Cherimoya
- Calories in Cherry
- Cranberry calories per 100g
- Dates carbs per 100g
- Durian protein per 100g
- Black lilac fat per 100g
- How many calories does fejhoa have?
- Calories in handful of Goji berries
- Calories in tablespoon of Goji berries
- Calories in teaspoon of Goji berries
- How much protein in gooseberry?