Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in beetroot.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and beetroot 43 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 59%.
In bamboo shoots and in beetroot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with beetroot in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Beetroot Nutrition Difference
Beetroot vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Beetroot|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||9.56 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1.61 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.8 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||325 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||78 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.057 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.334 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.067 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||109 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||4.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.04 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in beetroot.
There is 1.61g per 100g of beetroot and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 61%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in beetroot.
There is 9.56g/100g of carbohydrates in beetroot and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 84%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in beetroot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in beetroot and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 76%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: beetroot vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 384% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 23% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bamboo shoots 80% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B5: bamboo shoots 4% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 258% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 1457% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: beetroot 23% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: bamboo shoots 2400% more than beetroot
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs beetroot
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of beetroot
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Leek sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin potassium