Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in parsnips.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 178%.
In bamboo shoots and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with parsnips in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Parsnips Nutrition Difference
Parsnips vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Parsnips|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||17 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 117%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 246%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in bamboo shoots and parsnips - 0.3g/100g.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: parsnips vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 67% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 40% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): parsnips 17% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips 273% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 275% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 857% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: parsnips 325% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs parsnips
- Calcium: parsnips 177% more than bamboo shoots
- Iron: parsnips 18% more than bamboo shoots
- Magnessium: parsnips 867% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: parsnips 20% more than bamboo shoots
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 42% more than parsnips
- Sodium: parsnips 150% more than bamboo shoots
- Zink: bamboo shoots 86% more than parsnips
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of parsnips
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?