Parsnips vs Jicama: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Parsnips
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is much more calories than in jicama.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and jicama 38 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 97%.
In parsnips and in jicama most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare parsnips with jicama in details.
Fact 2: Parsnips And Jicama Nutrition Difference
Jicama vs Parsnips: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||8.82 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.09 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||0.72 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.6 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||150 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.029 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||20.2 mg|
More protein in parsnips
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is more protein than in jicama.
There is 0.72g per 100g of jicama and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 67%.
More carbohydrates in parsnips
In parsnips is more carbohydrates than in jicama.
There is 8.82g/100g of carbohydrates in jicama and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 104%.
More fat in parsnips
In parsnips is more fats than in jicama.
The tables above show us that there is 0.09g/100g of fats in jicama and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 233%.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: jicama vs parsnips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips 350% more than jicama
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips 72% more than jicama
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): parsnips 250% more than jicama
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 2043% more than jicama
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 558233% more than jicama
- Vitaminium C: jicama 19% more than parsnips
Minerals: parsnips vs jicama
Compares of parsnips
- Parsnips vs Asparagus
- Parsnips vs Bamboo Shoots
- Parsnips vs Beetroot
- Parsnips vs Butternut Squash
- Parsnips vs Carrot
- Parsnips vs Cassava
- see all compares of parsnips
Compares of jicama
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?