Bamboo Shoots vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in potato.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 185%.
In bamboo shoots and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with potato in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Potato|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||19.7 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 236%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 85% more than potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 119% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 77% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: potato 73% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: potato 24% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): potato 114% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: potato 393% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs potato
- Calcium: bamboo shoots 8% more than potato
- Iron: potato 62% more than bamboo shoots
- Magnessium: potato 667% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: bamboo shoots 4% more than potato
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 25% more than potato
- Sodium: potato 50% more than bamboo shoots
- Zink: bamboo shoots 267% more than potato
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of potato
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?