Parsnips vs Rutabaga: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Parsnips
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is much more calories than in rutabaga.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and rutabaga 37 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 103%.
In parsnips and in rutabaga most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare parsnips with rutabaga in details.
Fact 2: Parsnips And Rutabaga Nutrition Difference
Rutabaga vs Parsnips: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||8.62 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||2.3 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||1.08 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||43 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.44 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||305 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||0.021 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||25 mg|
More protein in parsnips
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is more protein than in rutabaga.
There is 1.08g per 100g of rutabaga and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
More carbohydrates in parsnips
In parsnips is more carbohydrates than in rutabaga.
There is 8.62g/100g of carbohydrates in rutabaga and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 109%.
More fat in parsnips
In parsnips is more fats than in rutabaga.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in rutabaga and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 88%.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: rutabaga vs parsnips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): rutabaga 0% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips 25% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): rutabaga 0% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 800% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 318948% more than rutabaga
- Vitaminium C: rutabaga 47% more than parsnips
Minerals: parsnips vs rutabaga
Compares of parsnips
- Parsnips vs Asparagus
- Parsnips vs Bamboo Shoots
- Parsnips vs Beetroot
- Parsnips vs Butternut Squash
- Parsnips vs Carrot
- Parsnips vs Cassava
- see all compares of parsnips
Compares of rutabaga
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?