Parsnips vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parsnips
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is less calories than in corn.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
In parsnips and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare parsnips with corn in details.
Fact 2: Parsnips And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Parsnips: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.59 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.6 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium K||22.5 mg||0.3 mg|
Less protein in parsnips
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 173%.
Less carbohydrates in parsnips
In parsnips is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 4%.
Less fat in parsnips
In parsnips is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 350%.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs parsnips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 72% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): corn 10% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 153% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B5: corn 20% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 868% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 60% more than corn
- Vitaminium C: parsnips 150% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 7400% more than corn
Minerals: parsnips vs corn
Compares of parsnips
- Parsnips vs Asparagus
- Parsnips vs Bamboo Shoots
- Parsnips vs Beetroot
- Parsnips vs Butternut Squash
- Parsnips vs Carrot
- Parsnips vs Cassava
- see all compares of parsnips
Compares of corn
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?