Bamboo Shoots vs Leek: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in leek.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and leek 61 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 126%.
In bamboo shoots and in leek most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with leek in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Leek Nutrition Difference
Leek vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Leek|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||14.15 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1.5 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||59 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||2.1 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||35 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||180 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||20 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.14 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.233 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||64 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.92 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in leek.
There is 1.5g per 100g of leek and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 73%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in leek.
There is 14.15g/100g of carbohydrates in leek and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 172%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in bamboo shoots and leek - 0.3g/100g.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: leek vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bamboo shoots 150% more than leek
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bamboo shoots 133% more than leek
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bamboo shoots 50% more than leek
- Vitaminium B5: bamboo shoots 15% more than leek
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 3% more than leek
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): leek 814% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: leek 200% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: bamboo shoots 9% more than leek
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs leek
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of leek
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Turnip magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Watercress potassium