Bamboo Shoots vs Lotus Root: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in lotus root.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and lotus root 74 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 174%.
In bamboo shoots and in lotus root most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with lotus root in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Lotus root Nutrition Difference
Lotus root vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Lotus root|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||17.23 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||2.6 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||45 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||1.16 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||556 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||40 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.39 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.15 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.377 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.258 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||13 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||44 mg|
The same amount of protein
It is aslo easy to see see that there is the same amount of protein in bamboo shoots and lotus root - 2.6g/100g.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in lotus root.
There is 17.23g/100g of carbohydrates in lotus root and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 231%.
More fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is more fats than in lotus root.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in lotus root and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: lotus root vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lotus root 7% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lotus root 214% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bamboo shoots 50% more than lotus root
- Vitaminium B5: lotus root 134% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: lotus root 8% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lotus root 86% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: lotus root 1000% more than bamboo shoots
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs lotus root
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of lotus root
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?
- Bamboo Shoots vs Moringa nutrition
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips calories
- Bamboo Shoots vs Potato protein
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin sugar
- Bamboo Shoots vs Spinach vitamins
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn dietary fiber
- Bamboo Shoots vs Turnip vitaminium C
- Bamboo Shoots vs Watercress magnessium
- Bamboo Shoots vs Zucchini potassium