Bamboo Shoots vs Ginger: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bamboo shoots
At first glance, you can see that in bamboo shoots is much less calories than in ginger.
Bamboo shoots has 27 kcal per 100g and ginger 80 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 196%.
In bamboo shoots and in ginger most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bamboo shoots with ginger in details.
Fact 2: Bamboo shoots And Ginger Nutrition Difference
Ginger vs Bamboo shoots: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bamboo shoots||Ginger|
|Carbohydrates||5.2 g||17.77 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||2 g|
|Protein||2.6 g||1.82 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.6 mg|
|Magnessium||3 mg||43 mg|
|Phosphorus||59 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||533 mg||415 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||13 mg|
|Zink||1.1 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.161 mg||0.203 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.24 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||7 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.26 mg|
More protein in bamboo shoots
It is aslo easy to see see that in bamboo shoots is more protein than in ginger.
There is 1.82g per 100g of ginger and 2.6g per 100g of bamboo shoots so using simple math we can see that difference is about 43%.
Less carbohydrates in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less carbohydrates than in ginger.
There is 17.77g/100g of carbohydrates in ginger and 5.2g/100g in bamboo shoots so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 242%.
Less fat in bamboo shoots
In bamboo shoots is less fats than in ginger.
The tables above show us that there is 0.75g/100g of fats in ginger and 0.3g/100g in bamboo shoots. In this case difference is about 150%.
- Carbohydrates5.2 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.2 g
- Protein2.6 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 61% CARBS.
- 31% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: ginger vs bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): ginger 25% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B5: ginger 26% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium B6: bamboo shoots 50% more than ginger
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): ginger 57% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium C: ginger 25% more than bamboo shoots
- Vitaminium E: bamboo shoots 285% more than ginger
Minerals: bamboo shoots vs ginger
- Calcium: ginger 23% more than bamboo shoots
- Iron: ginger 20% more than bamboo shoots
- Magnessium: ginger 1333% more than bamboo shoots
- Phosphorus: bamboo shoots 74% more than ginger
- Potassium: bamboo shoots 28% more than ginger
- Sodium: ginger 225% more than bamboo shoots
- Zink: bamboo shoots 224% more than ginger
Compares of bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Shoots vs Artichoke
- Bamboo Shoots vs Asparagus
- Bamboo Shoots vs Beetroot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Broccoli
- Bamboo Shoots vs Cabbage
- Bamboo Shoots vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bamboo shoots
Compares of ginger
- Calories from Bamboo shoots
- Calories of Basella
- Calories in Beetroot
- Red bell pepper calories per 100g
- Bitter melon carbs per 100g
- Bok choy lettuce protein per 100g
- Calabash fat per 100g
- How many calories does broccoli have?
- Calories in a half of Brussels sprouts
- Calories in whole Brussels sprouts
- Calories for one, two or more Brussels sprouts
- Calories in handful of Brussels sprouts
- How much protein in butternut squash?