Beetroot vs Red Bell Pepper: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Beetroot
At first glance, you can see that in beetroot is more calories than in pepper.
Beetroot has 43 kcal per 100g and pepper 31 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 39%.
In beetroot and in pepper most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare beetroot with pepper in details.
Fact 2: Beetroot And Pepper Nutrition Difference
Pepper vs Beetroot: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Beetroot||Red bell pepper|
|Carbohydrates||9.56 g||6.03 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.61 g||0.99 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.43 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||325 mg||211 mg|
|Sodium||78 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.35 mg||0.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.054 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.057 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.334 mg||0.979 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.291 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||109 mg||46 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.9 mg||127.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.04 mg||1.58 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.2 mg||4.9 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||20 mg|
More protein in beetroot
It is aslo easy to see see that in beetroot is more protein than in pepper.
There is 0.99g per 100g of pepper and 1.61g per 100g of beetroot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 63%.
More carbohydrates in beetroot
In beetroot is more carbohydrates than in pepper.
There is 6.03g/100g of carbohydrates in pepper and 9.56g/100g in beetroot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 59%.
Less fat in beetroot
In beetroot is less fats than in pepper.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in pepper and 0.17g/100g in beetroot. In this case difference is about 76%.
- Carbohydrates9.56 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1.61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | slices | cup | boiled
- 83% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: pepper vs beetroot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pepper 74% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pepper 49% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pepper 193% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: pepper 334% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 137% more than pepper
- Vitaminium C: pepper 2506% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium E: pepper 3850% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: pepper 2350% more than beetroot
- Beta karoten: pepper 0% more than beetroot
Minerals: beetroot vs pepper
Compares of beetroot
- Beetroot vs Artichoke
- Beetroot vs Arugula
- Beetroot vs Asparagus
- Beetroot vs Bamboo Shoots
- Beetroot vs Pepper
- Beetroot vs Broccoli
- see all compares of beetroot
Compares of pepper
- Calories from Beetroot
- Calories of Red bell pepper
- Calories in Bitter melon
- Bok choy lettuce calories per 100g
- Calabash carbs per 100g
- Broccoli protein per 100g
- Rapini fat per 100g
- How many calories do Brussels sprouts have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage
- Calories in whole cabbage
- Calories for one, two or more cabbages
- How much protein in carrot?