Sweet Potato vs Potato (Baked Or Cooked): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sweet potato
At first glance, you can see that in sweet potato is just a little less calories than in potato.
Sweet potato has 86 kcal per 100g and potato 93 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8%.
In sweet potato and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sweet potato with potato in details.
Fact 2: Sweet potato And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Sweet potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sweet potato||Potato (baked or cooked)|
|Carbohydrates||20.12 g||21.15 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||0.13 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||2.2 g|
|Protein||1.6 g||2.5 g|
|Calcium||30 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||0.61 mg||1.08 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||47 mg||2 mg|
|Potassium||337 mg||535 mg|
|Sodium||55 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.078 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.061 mg||0.048 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.557 mg||1.41 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.209 mg||0.311 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||11 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.4 mg||9.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.26 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.8 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in sweet potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in sweet potato is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.5g per 100g of potato and 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 56%.
Less carbohydrates in sweet potato
In sweet potato is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 21.15g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 20.12g/100g in sweet potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
Less fat in sweet potato
In sweet potato is less fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.13g/100g of fats in potato and 0.05g/100g in sweet potato. In this case difference is about 160%.
- Carbohydrates20.12 g
- Fat0.05 g
- Dietary fiber3 g
- Protein1.6 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | cubes | cup | mashed
- 92% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs sweet potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 22% more than potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 27% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 153% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B6: potato 49% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sweet potato 39186% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: potato 300% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 550% more than potato
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 89900% more than potato
Minerals: sweet potato vs potato
- Calcium: sweet potato 100% more than potato
- Iron: potato 77% more than sweet potato
- Magnessium: potato 12% more than sweet potato
- Phosphorus: sweet potato 2250% more than potato
- Potassium: potato 59% more than sweet potato
- Sodium: sweet potato 450% more than potato
- Zink: potato 567% more than sweet potato
Compares of sweet potato
- Sweet Potato vs Artichoke
- Sweet Potato vs Asparagus
- Sweet Potato vs Beetroot
- Sweet Potato vs Pepper
- Sweet Potato vs Bitter Melon
- Sweet Potato vs Broccoli
- see all compares of sweet potato