Yam: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Yam: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one yam, cup, cubes and more
How many calories in yam?
In particular, medium size yam (240 g) has about 259 calories.
It is about 11% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size yam is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 4.5 apples
- 3 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2.5 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 glasses of milk
- 13.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 37 minutes, swim for about 31 minutes or run for 26 minutes.
See all nutrition data of yam on charts.
Yam: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||27.88 g||~ 7.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.1 g||~ 1.2 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.53 g||~ 0.4 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 yams?
As I wrote before medium size yam (240 g) has 259 calories. It is easy to count that two yams have about 518 calories and three yams have about 777 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five yams.
- Medium size yam (240 g)259 kcal
- Yam cup, cubes (150g)162 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of yam31 kcal
- Half of medium size yam129.5 kcal
- Small size yam (192g)207.2 kcal
- Big size yam (312g)336.7 kcal
- Two medium size yams518 kcal
- Three medium size yams777 kcal
- Four medium size yams1036 kcal
- Five medium size yams1295 kcal
Protein in yam
Yam has 1.53 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size yam (240 g) you can see that you will get about 3.7 g of protein.
Carbs in yam
Yam has 27.88 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size yam (240 g) has about 66.9 g of carbs.
Fat in yam
Yam has 0.17 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size yam (240 g) has about 0.4 g of fat.
medium size yam (240 g) has:259kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
yam - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A138 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.112 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.032 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.552 mg
- Vitaminium B50.314 mg
- Vitaminium B60.293 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)23 mcg
- Vitaminium C17.1 mg
- Vitaminium E0.35 mg
- Vitaminium K2.3 mg
Energy content of yam
- 94% CARBS
- 5% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
yam - minerals per 100g
- Potassium816 mg
- Phosphorus55 mg
- Magnessium21 mg
- Calcium17 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron0.54 mg
- Zink0.24 mg
- Beta karoten83 mg
Interesting charts - compare yam with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how yam looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does coconut have?
- Calories in a half of hazelnuts
- Calories in whole hazelnuts
- Calories for one, two or more hazelnuts
- Calories in handful of hazelnuts
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in macadamia nuts?
- How much fat in peanuts?
- How much protein in pecan?
- What is weight of Pine nuts?
- Pistachios calories per ounce (oz)
- Poppy seed calories per serving size