Broccoli vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Broccoli
At first glance, you can see that in broccoli is much less calories than in sweet potato.
Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 153%.
In broccoli and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare broccoli with sweet potato in details.
Fact 2: Broccoli And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
Sweet potato vs Broccoli: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Broccoli||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||6.64 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||3 g|
|Protein||2.82 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||316 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||33 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.41 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.071 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.117 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.639 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.573 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.175 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||63 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||89.2 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.17 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||101.6 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||361 mg||8509 mg|
More protein in broccoli
It is aslo easy to see see that in broccoli is more protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 2.82g per 100g of broccoli so using simple math we can see that difference is about 76%.
Less carbohydrates in broccoli
In broccoli is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 6.64g/100g in broccoli so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 203%.
More fat in broccoli
In broccoli is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.37g/100g in broccoli. In this case difference is about 640%.
- Carbohydrates6.64 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein2.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | flowerets | cup | half cup | 1 floweret
- 65% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs broccoli
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 10% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 92% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): broccoli 15% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 40% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 19% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): broccoli 473% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: broccoli 3617% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 53% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium K: broccoli 5544% more than sweet potato
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 2257% more than broccoli
Minerals: broccoli vs sweet potato
Compares of broccoli
- Broccoli vs Artichoke
- Broccoli vs Arugula
- Broccoli vs Asparagus
- Broccoli vs Bamboo Shoots
- Broccoli vs Beetroot
- Broccoli vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of broccoli
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Broccoli
- Calories of Rapini
- Calories in Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash calories per 100g
- Cabbage carbs per 100g
- Carrot protein per 100g
- Cassava fat per 100g
- How many calories does cauliflower have?
- Calories in a half of cucumber
- Calories in whole cucumber
- Calories for one, two or more cucumbers
- Calories in slice of cucumber
- How much protein in eggplant?