Bitter Melon vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bitter melon
At first glance, you can see that in bitter melon is much less calories than in sweet potato.
Bitter melon has 17 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 406%.
In bitter melon and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bitter melon with sweet potato in details.
Fact 2: Bitter melon And Sweet potato Nutrition Difference
Sweet potato vs Bitter melon: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bitter melon||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||3.7 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||3 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.8 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.043 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||72 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||84 mg||2.4 mg|
|Beta karoten||185 mg||8509 mg|
Less protein in bitter melon
It is aslo easy to see see that in bitter melon is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1g per 100g of bitter melon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 60%.
Less carbohydrates in bitter melon
In bitter melon is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 3.7g/100g in bitter melon so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 444%.
More fat in bitter melon
In bitter melon is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.17g/100g in bitter melon. In this case difference is about 240%.
- Carbohydrates3.7 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | boiled
- 73% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs bitter melon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sweet potato 95% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 53% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sweet potato 39% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 277% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 386% more than bitter melon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bitter melon 555% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: bitter melon 3400% more than sweet potato
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 4499% more than bitter melon
Minerals: bitter melon vs sweet potato
Compares of bitter melon
- Bitter Melon vs Artichoke
- Bitter Melon vs Broccoli
- Bitter Melon vs Brussels Sprouts
- Bitter Melon vs Carrot
- Bitter Melon vs Cauliflower
- Bitter Melon vs Eggplant
- see all compares of bitter melon
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Bitter melon
- Calories of Bok choy lettuce
- Calories in Calabash
- Broccoli calories per 100g
- Rapini carbs per 100g
- Brussels sprouts protein per 100g
- Butternut squash fat per 100g
- How many calories does cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of cassava
- Calories in whole cassava
- Calories for one, two or more cassavas
- How much protein in cauliflower?