Red Lentils vs Brown Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Red lentils
At first glance, you can see that in red lentils is just a little less calories than in brown rice.
Red lentils has 358 kcal per 100g and brown rice 370 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In red lentil and in brown rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare red lentils with brown rice in details.
Fact 2: Red lentils And Brown rice Nutrition Difference
Brown rice vs Red lentils: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red lentils||Brown rice|
|Carbohydrates||63.1 g||78.68 g|
|Fat||2.17 g||2.75 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.8 g||3.5 g|
|Protein||23.91 g||7.6 g|
|Water||7.82 g||9.82 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||7.39 mg||1.16 mg|
|Magnessium||59 mg||98 mg|
|Potassium||668 mg||219 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.51 mg||0.277 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.106 mg||0.092 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.495 mg||4.973 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.403 mg||0.407 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.204 mg||0.014 mg|
More protein in red lentils
It is aslo easy to see see that in red lentils is more protein than in brown rice.
There is 7.6g per 100g of brown rice and 23.91g per 100g of red lentils so using simple math we can see that difference is about 215%.
Less carbohydrates in red lentils
In red lentils is less carbohydrates than in brown rice.
There is 78.68g/100g of carbohydrates in brown rice and 63.1g/100g in red lentils so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 25%.
Less fat in red lentils
In red lentils is less fats than in brown rice.
The tables above show us that there is 2.75g/100g of fats in brown rice and 2.17g/100g in red lentils. In this case difference is about 27%.
- Carbohydrates63.1 g
- Fat2.17 g
- Dietary fiber10.8 g
- Protein23.91 g
- Water7.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 69% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: brown rice vs red lentils
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): red lentils 84% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): red lentils 15% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 233% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 1% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): red lentils 1357% more than brown rice
Minerals: red lentils vs brown rice
Compares of red lentil
- Red Lentils vs Black Beans
- Red Lentils vs Kidney Beans
- Red Lentils vs Lentil
- Red Lentils vs Chickpeas
- Red Lentils vs Quinoa
- Red Lentils vs Beef
- see all compares of red lentils
Compares of brown rice
- Calories from Red lentils
- Calories of Baked salmon
- Calories in Canned chicken
- Millet calories per 100g
- Popcorn carbs per 100g
- Cooked salmon protein per 100g
- Nut bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does Kombucha have?
- Calories in a half of duck meat
- Calories in whole duck meat
- Calories for one, two or more duck meat
- How much protein in prunes?
- Red Potato vs Rice nutrition
- Russet Potato vs Rice calories
- Russet Potato vs Brown Rice protein
- Spaghetti Squash vs Pasta sugar
- Spaghetti Squash vs Rice vitamins
- Sweet Potato vs Pumpkin Pie dietary fiber
- Sweet Potato vs Baked Potato vitaminium C
- Sweet Potato vs Rice magnessium
- Sweet Potato vs Banana potassium