Red Lentils vs Chickpeas: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Red lentils
At first glance, you can see that in red lentils is just a little less calories than in chickpeas.
Red lentils has 358 kcal per 100g and chickpeas 378 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In red lentil and in chickpeas most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare red lentils with chickpeas in details.
Fact 2: Red lentils And Chickpeas Nutrition Difference
Chickpeas vs Red lentils: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red lentils||Chickpeas|
|Carbohydrates||63.1 g||62.95 g|
|Fat||2.17 g||6.04 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.8 g||12.2 g|
|Protein||23.91 g||20.47 g|
|Water||7.82 g||7.68 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||57 mg|
|Iron||7.39 mg||4.31 mg|
|Magnessium||59 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||668 mg||718 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.51 mg||0.477 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.106 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.495 mg||1.541 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.403 mg||0.535 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.204 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.7 mg||4 mg|
More protein in red lentils
It is aslo easy to see see that in red lentils is more protein than in chickpeas.
There is 20.47g per 100g of chickpeas and 23.91g per 100g of red lentils so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17%.
More carbohydrates in red lentils
In red lentils is more carbohydrates than in chickpeas.
There is 62.95g/100g of carbohydrates in chickpeas and 63.1g/100g in red lentils so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0%.
Less fat in red lentils
In red lentils is less fats than in chickpeas.
The tables above show us that there is 6.04g/100g of fats in chickpeas and 2.17g/100g in red lentils. In this case difference is about 178%.
- Carbohydrates63.1 g
- Fat2.17 g
- Dietary fiber10.8 g
- Protein23.91 g
- Water7.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 69% CARBS.
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: chickpeas vs red lentils
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): red lentils 7% more than chickpeas
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chickpeas 100% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chickpeas 3% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B6: chickpeas 33% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chickpeas 173% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium C: chickpeas 135% more than red lentils
Minerals: red lentils vs chickpeas
Compares of red lentil
- Red Lentils vs Black Beans
- Red Lentils vs Kidney Beans
- Red Lentils vs Lentil
- Red Lentils vs Chickpeas
- Red Lentils vs Quinoa
- Red Lentils vs Beef
- see all compares of red lentils
Compares of chickpeas
- Calories from Red lentils
- Calories of Baked salmon
- Calories in Canned chicken
- Millet calories per 100g
- Popcorn carbs per 100g
- Cooked salmon protein per 100g
- Nut bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does Kombucha have?
- Calories in tablespoon of palm oil
- Calories in teaspoon of palm oil
- Calories in glass of palm oil
- Calories in cup of palm oil
- Calories in shot (small glass) of palm oil
- How much protein in apple juice?