Red Lentils: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in red lentils?
In particular, handful of red lentils (38 g) have about 136 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 136 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of red lentils is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about red lentils nutrition.
See all nutrition data of red lentil on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Handful of Red Lentils (38 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||handful of red lentils (38 g)|
|Carbs Total||63.1 g||17.89 g||24 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.8 g||3.06 g||4.1 g|
|Fat||2.17 g||0.62 g||0.8 g|
|Protein||23.91 g||6.78 g||9.1 g|
|Water||7.82 g||2.22 g||3 g|
red lentils - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A58 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.51 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.106 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)1.495 mg
- Vit B60.403 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.204 mcg
- Vit C1.7 mg
Energy content of red lentils
- 69% CARBS
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
red lentils - minerals per 100g
- Potassium668 mg
- Magnessium59 mg
- Calcium48 mg
- Sodium7 mg
- Iron7.39 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 red lentils?
As I wrote before handful of red lentils (38 g) have 136 calories. It is easy to count that two red lentils have about 272 calories and three red lentils have about 408 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five red lentils.
- Handful of red lentils (38g)136 kcal
- Tablespoon of red lentils (12g)43 kcal
- Teaspoon of red lentils (4g)14 kcal
- Cup of red lentils (190g)680 kcal
- Half cup of red lentils (95g)340 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of red lentils101 kcal
- Half of medium size red lentils68 kcal
- Small size red lentils (30g)108.8 kcal
- Big size red lentils (49g)176.8 kcal
- Two medium size red lentils272 kcal
- Three medium size red lentils408 kcal
- Four medium size red lentils544 kcal
- Five medium size red lentils680 kcal
Protein in red lentils
Red lentils have 23.91 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of red lentils (38 g) you can see that you will get about 9.1 g of protein.
Carbs in red lentils
Red lentils have 63.1 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of red lentils (38 g) has about 24 g of carbs.
Fat in red lentils
Red lentils have 2.17 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of red lentils (38 g) has about 0.8 g of fat.
handful of red lentils (38 g) has:136kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare red lentils with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how red lentils look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does sheep milk have?
- Calories in a half of prunes
- Calories in whole prunes
- Calories for one, two or more prunes
- Calories in glass of prunes
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in carp?
- How much fat in linseed oil?
- How much protein in Riesling?
- What is weight of cooked mushrooms?
- Biscotti calories per ounce (oz)
- Baba Ganoush calories per serving size