Red Lentils: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Red lentils: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, tablespoon and more
How many calories in red lentils?
In particular, handful of red lentils (38 g) has about 136 calories.
It is about 6% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful red lentils is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 7 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 19 minutes, swim for about 16 minutes or run for 14 minutes.
See all nutrition data of red lentil on charts.
Red lentils: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||63.1 g||~ 17.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.8 g||~ 3.1 g|
|Fat||2.17 g||~ 0.6 g|
|Protein||23.91 g||~ 6.8 g|
|Water||7.82 g||~ 2.2 g|
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of red lentils?
As I wrote before 100g have 358 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of red lentils.
- Handful of red lentils (38g)136 kcal
- Tablespoon of red lentils (12g)43 kcal
- Teaspoon of red lentils (4g)14 kcal
- Cup of red lentils (190g)680 kcal
- Half cup of red lentils (95g)340 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of red lentils101 kcal
- 10g of red lentils36 kcal
- 20g of red lentils72 kcal
- 50g of red lentils179 kcal
- 100g of red lentils358 kcal
Protein in red lentils
Red lentils have 23.91 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of red lentils (38 g) you can see that you will get about 9.1 g of protein.
Carbs in red lentils
Red lentils have 63.1 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of red lentils (38 g) has about 24 g of carbs.
Fat in red lentils
Red lentils have 2.17 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of red lentils (38 g) has about 0.8 g of fat.
handful of red lentils (38 g) has:136kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
red lentils - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A58 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.51 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.106 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.495 mg
- Vitaminium B60.403 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.204 mcg
- Vitaminium C1.7 mg
Energy content of red lentils
- 69% CARBS
- 26% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
red lentils - minerals per 100g
- Potassium668 mg
- Magnessium59 mg
- Calcium48 mg
- Sodium7 mg
- Iron7.39 mg
Interesting charts - compare red lentils with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how red lentils look like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does sesam oil have?
- Calories in glass of beer
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in shrimp?
- How much fat in sharp cheddar cheese?
- How much protein in sesame bagel?
- What is weight of Triscuits crackers?
- Long island iced tea calories per ounce (oz)
- Soft serve ice cream calories per serving size