Brown Rice: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Brown rice: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, handful, tablespoon and more
How many calories in brown rice?
To illustrate, handful of brown rice (35 g) has about 130 calories.
It is about 5% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actually is, take in mind that calories amount from handful brown rice is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 2.5 apples
- 1.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 6.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 19 minutes, swim for about 15 minutes or run for 13 minutes.
See all nutrition data of brown rice on charts.
Brown rice: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||78.68 g||~ 22.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||~ 1 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||~ 0.8 g|
|Saturated fat||0.49 g||~ 0.1 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||~ 2.2 g|
|Water||9.82 g||~ 2.8 g|
Compare brown rice:
- brown rice vs millet
- brown rice vs red lentils
- brown rice vs buckwheat
- brown rice vs udon noodles
- brown rice vs oats
- brown rice vs Jasmine rice
- brown rice vs basmati rice
- brown rice vs wild rice
- brown rice vs whole wheat pasta
- brown rice vs white rice
- brown rice vs buckwheat
- brown rice vs parboiled rice
- see all compares of brown rice
How many calories in handful, tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of brown rice?
As I wrote before 100g has 370 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon, glass, cup or half cup of brown rice.
- Handful of brown rice (35g)130 kcal
- Tablespoon of brown rice (15g)56 kcal
- Glass full of brown rice (195g)722 kcal
- Cup of brown rice (180g)666 kcal
- Half cup of brown rice (90g)333 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of brown rice105 kcal
- 10g of brown rice37 kcal
- 20g of brown rice74 kcal
- 50g of brown rice185 kcal
- 100g of brown rice370 kcal
Protein in brown rice
Brown rice has 7.6 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of brown rice (35 g) you can see that you will get about 2.7 g of protein.
Carbs in brown rice
Brown rice has 78.68 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of brown rice (35 g) has about 27.5 g of carbs.
Fat in brown rice
Brown rice has 2.75 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of brown rice (35 g) has about 1 g of fat.
handful of brown rice (35 g) has:130kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
brown rice - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.277 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.092 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)4.973 mg
- Vitaminium B60.407 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.014 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.09 mg
- Vitaminium K0.001 mg
Energy content of brown rice
- 85% CARBS
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
brown rice - minerals per 100g
- Potassium219 mg
- Magnessium98 mg
- Calcium8 mg
- Sodium6 mg
- Iron1.16 mg
Interesting charts - compare brown rice with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how brown rice looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does margarine have?
- Calories in a half of red wine
- Calories in whole red wine
- Calories for one, two or more red wine
- Calories in cup of red wine
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in beef jerky?
- How much fat in Pierogi Ruskie?
- How much protein in bran muffin?
- What is weight of reuben sandwich?
- Laffy Taffy Candy calories per ounce (oz)
- Potato patty calories per serving size