Black Beans vs Red Lentils: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Black beans
At first glance, you can see that in black beans is just a little less calories than in red lentils.
Black beans has 341 kcal per 100g and red lentils 358 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5%.
In black beans and in red lentil most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare black beans with red lentils in details.
Fact 2: Black beans And Red lentils Nutrition Difference
Red lentils vs Black beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Black beans||Red lentils|
|Carbohydrates||62.36 g||63.1 g|
|Fat||1.42 g||2.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.5 g||10.8 g|
|Protein||21.6 g||23.91 g|
|Water||11.02 g||7.82 g|
|Calcium||123 mg||48 mg|
|Iron||5.02 mg||7.39 mg|
|Magnessium||171 mg||59 mg|
|Potassium||1483 mg||668 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.9 mg||0.51 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.193 mg||0.106 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.955 mg||1.495 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.286 mg||0.403 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.444 mg||0.204 mg|
Less protein in black beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in black beans is less protein than in red lentils.
There is 23.91g per 100g of red lentils and 21.6g per 100g of black beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
Less carbohydrates in black beans
In black beans is less carbohydrates than in red lentils.
There is 63.1g/100g of carbohydrates in red lentils and 62.36g/100g in black beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
Less fat in black beans
In black beans is less fats than in red lentils.
The tables above show us that there is 2.17g/100g of fats in red lentils and 1.42g/100g in black beans. In this case difference is about 53%.
- Carbohydrates62.36 g
- Fat1.42 g
- Dietary fiber15.5 g
- Protein21.6 g
- Water11.02 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: red lentils vs black beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): black beans 76% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): black beans 82% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): black beans 31% more than red lentils
- Vitaminium B6: red lentils 41% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): black beans 118% more than red lentils
Minerals: black beans vs red lentils
Compares of black beans
- Black Beans vs Fava Beans
- Black Beans vs Lima Beans
- Black Beans vs Lentil
- Black Beans vs Edamame
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans
- see all compares of black beans
Compares of red lentil
- Calories from Black beans
- Calories of Black bread
- Calories in Fried egg white
- Roasted cashews calories per 100g
- Dried Goji berries carbs per 100g
- Sweet potato mash protein per 100g
- Egg salad fat per 100g
- How many calories does brown bread have?
- Calories in a half of tortilla
- Calories in whole tortilla
- Calories for one, two or more tortillas
- How much protein in McRoyal?
- Buttercup Squash vs Acorn Squash nutrition
- Russet Potato vs Yuca calories
- Russet Potato vs Baby Potatoes protein
- Russet Potato vs Red Potato sugar
- Hot Chili Pepper vs Jalapeno vitamins
- Hot Chili Pepper vs Sweet Pepper dietary fiber
- Romaine Lettuce vs Iceberg Lettuce vitaminium C
- Edamame vs Garbanzo Beans magnessium
- Grape Tomato vs Roma Tomato potassium