Russet Potato vs Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Russet potato
At first glance, you can see that in russet potato is less calories than in white rice.
Russet potato has 95 kcal per 100g and white rice 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 37%.
In russet potato and in white rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare russet potato with white rice in details.
Fact 2: Russet potato And White rice Nutrition Difference
- Calories: white rice - 37% more than russet potato
- Carbohydrates: white rice - 31% more than russet potato
- Fat: white rice - 115% more than russet potato
- Dietary fiber: russet potato - 475% more than white rice
- Protein: white rice - 2% more than russet potato
- Water: russet potato - 9% more than white rice
White rice vs Russet potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Russet potato||Rice|
|Carbohydrates||21.44 g||28.17 g|
|Fat||0.13 g||0.28 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.3 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||2.63 g||2.69 g|
|Water||74.45 g||68.44 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||1.07 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||550 mg||35 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.067 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.013 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.348 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.354 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.026 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.04 mg|
Less protein in russet potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in russet potato is less protein than in white rice.
There is 2.69g per 100g of white rice and 2.63g per 100g of russet potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2%.
Less carbohydrates in russet potato
In russet potato is less carbohydrates than in white rice.
There is 28.17g/100g of carbohydrates in white rice and 21.44g/100g in russet potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 31%.
Less fat in russet potato
In russet potato is less fats than in white rice.
The tables above show us that there is 0.28g/100g of fats in white rice and 0.13g/100g in russet potato. In this case difference is about 115%.
- Carbohydrates21.44 g
- Fat0.13 g
- Dietary fiber2.3 g
- Protein2.63 g
- Water74.45 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 88% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: white rice vs russet potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): russet potato 235% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): russet potato 269% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): russet potato 237% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B6: russet potato 281% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): russet potato 767% more than white rice
- Vitaminium E: russet potato 75% more than white rice
Minerals: russet potato vs white rice
Compares of russet potato
- Russet Potato vs Sweet Potato
- Russet Potato vs Yam
- Russet Potato vs Yuca
- Russet Potato vs Baby Potatoes
- Russet Potato vs Red Potato
- Russet Potato vs White Rice
- see all compares of russet potato
Compares of white rice
- Calories from Russet potato
- Calories of Gin and tonic
- Calories in Honey mustard
- Fried potato calories per 100g
- Grilled chicken thigh carbs per 100g
- Boiled lobster protein per 100g
- Frozen strawberries fat per 100g
- How many calories does Twix have?
- Calories in a half of corn chips
- Calories in whole corn chips
- Calories for one, two or more corn chips
- Calories in handful of corn chips
- How much protein in KFC strip?
- Russet Potato vs Brown Rice nutrition
- Spaghetti Squash vs Pasta calories
- Spaghetti Squash vs Rice protein
- Sweet Potato vs Pumpkin Pie sugar
- Sweet Potato vs Baked Potato vitamins
- Sweet Potato vs Rice dietary fiber
- Sweet Potato vs Banana vitaminium C
- Sweet Potato vs Oatmeal magnessium
- Sweet Potato vs Quinoa potassium