Pumpkin vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pumpkin
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin is much less calories than in corn.
Pumpkin has 26 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 231%.
In pumpkin and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pumpkin with corn in details.
Fact 2: Pumpkin And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Pumpkin: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.5 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g||2 g|
|Protein||1 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||340 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.32 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.11 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.298 mg||0.717 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.061 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||16 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.06 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||3100 mg||16 mg|
Less protein in pumpkin
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 1g per 100g of pumpkin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 227%.
Less carbohydrates in pumpkin
In pumpkin is less carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 6.5g/100g in pumpkin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 188%.
Less fat in pumpkin
In pumpkin is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.1g/100g in pumpkin. In this case difference is about 1250%.
- Carbohydrates6.5 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.5 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | cubes
- 84% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs pumpkin
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 210% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin 100% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 195% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B5: corn 141% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B6: corn 52% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 163% more than pumpkin
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin 32% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin 1414% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: pumpkin 267% more than corn
- Beta karoten: pumpkin 19275% more than corn
Minerals: pumpkin vs corn
Compares of pumpkin
- Pumpkin vs Asparagus
- Pumpkin vs Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin vs Beetroot
- Pumpkin vs Pepper
- Pumpkin vs Bitter Melon
- Pumpkin vs Calabash
- see all compares of pumpkin
Compares of corn
- Calories from Pumpkin
- Calories of Purslane
- Calories in Salad chicory
- Radish calories per 100g
- Rhubarb carbs per 100g
- Salsify protein per 100g
- Shallot fat per 100g
- How many calories does spinach have?
- Calories in a half of sweet potato
- Calories in whole sweet potato
- Calories for one, two or more sweet potatos
- How much protein in chard?