Parmesan vs Provolone Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is more calories than in provolone cheese.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and provolone cheese 351 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 12%.
In Parmesan and in provolone cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with provolone cheese in details.
Parmesan And Provolone cheese Nutrition Difference
Provolone cheese vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Parmesan||Provolone cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||2.14 g|
|Fat||25 g||26.62 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||25.58 g|
|Water||30 g||40.95 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||756 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||28 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||138 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||727 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.019 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.321 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||0.156 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.23 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in provolone cheese.
There is 25.58g per 100g of provolone cheese and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 40%.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in provolone cheese.
There is 2.14g/100g of carbohydrates in provolone cheese and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 50%.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in provolone cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 26.62g/100g of fats in provolone cheese and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 6%.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: provolone cheese vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
Parmesan - 105% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
Parmesan - 3% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
Parmesan - 74% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B6:
Parmesan - 25% more than provolone cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
provolone cheese - 43% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E:
provolone cheese - 5% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K:
provolone cheese - 0% more than Parmesan
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of provolone cheese
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?
- Parmesan vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese nutrition
- Swiss Cheese vs American Cheese calories
- Swiss Cheese vs Provolone Cheese protein
- Swiss Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese sugar
- Whole Milk vs Coconut Milk vitamins
- Whole Milk vs Skimmed Milk dietary fiber
- Whole Milk vs 1% Milk vitaminium C
- Whole Milk vs 2% Milk magnessium
- Whole Milk vs Coffee Creamer potassium