Blue Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Blue cheese
At first glance, you can see that in blue cheese is less calories than in Parmesan.
Blue cheese has 353 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 11%.
In blue cheese and in Parmesan most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare blue cheese with Parmesan in details.
Blue cheese And Parmesan Nutrition Difference
Parmesan vs Blue cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Blue cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||2.34 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||28.74 g||25 g|
|Protein||21.4 g||35.75 g|
|Water||42.41 g||30 g|
|Calcium||528 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.31 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||256 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||1146 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.029 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.382 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.016 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.166 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.036 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in blue cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in blue cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 21.4g per 100g of blue cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 67%.
Less carbohydrates in blue cheese
In blue cheese is less carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 2.34g/100g in blue cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 38%.
More fat in blue cheese
In blue cheese is more fats than in Parmesan.
The tables above show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 28.74g/100g in blue cheese. In this case difference is about 15%.
- Carbohydrates2.34 g
- Fat28.74 g
- Protein21.4 g
- Water42.41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | crumbled | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 3% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: Parmesan vs blue cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
Parmesan - 34% more than blue cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
blue cheese - 15% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
blue cheese - 275% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B6:
blue cheese - 82% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
blue cheese - 414% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E:
blue cheese - 14% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K:
Parmesan - 0% more than blue cheese
Minerals: blue cheese vs Parmesan
Parmesan - 124% more than blue cheese
Parmesan - 165% more than blue cheese
Parmesan - 91% more than blue cheese
blue cheese - 41% more than Parmesan
blue cheese - 178% more than Parmesan
Parmesan - 3% more than blue cheese
blue cheese - 41% more than Parmesan
Compares of blue cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Brie
- Blue Cheese vs Camembert
- Blue Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Parmesan
- see all compares of blue cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Blue cheese
- Calories of Mustard
- Calories in Pork sausage
- Coconut milk calories per 100g
- Squid carbs per 100g
- Agave syrup protein per 100g
- Zebra cakes fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber sushi roll have?
- Calories in a half of ricotta cheese
- Calories in whole ricotta cheese
- Calories for one, two or more ricotta cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Calories in teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- How much protein in kalamata olives?
- Blue Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Blue Cheese vs Butter calories
- Blue Cheese vs Goat Cheese protein
- Blue Cheese vs Sour Cream 18% sugar
- Blue Cheese vs Cheddar vitamins
- Blue Cheese vs Mozzarella dietary fiber
- Blue Cheese vs Halloumi vitaminium C
- Brie vs Camembert magnessium
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese potassium