Parmesan vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is just a little less calories than in sharp cheddar cheese.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and sharp cheddar cheese 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5%.
In Parmesan and in sharp cheddar cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with sharp cheddar cheese in details.
Parmesan And Sharp cheddar cheese Nutrition Difference
Sharp cheddar cheese vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Parmesan||Sharp cheddar cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||25 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||24.25 g|
|Water||30 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||27 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||644 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in sharp cheddar cheese.
There is 24.25g per 100g of sharp cheddar cheese and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 47%.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in sharp cheddar cheese.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in sharp cheddar cheese and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51%.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in sharp cheddar cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in sharp cheddar cheese and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 35%.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: sharp cheddar cheese vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
Parmesan - 44% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
sharp cheddar cheese - 31% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
Parmesan - 595% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B6:
Parmesan - 21% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
sharp cheddar cheese - 286% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E:
sharp cheddar cheese - 255% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K:
sharp cheddar cheese - 0% more than Parmesan
Minerals: Parmesan vs sharp cheddar cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of sharp cheddar cheese
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?
- Swiss Cheese vs American Cheese nutrition
- Swiss Cheese vs Provolone Cheese calories
- Swiss Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese protein
- Whole Milk vs Coconut Milk sugar
- Whole Milk vs Skimmed Milk vitamins
- Whole Milk vs 1% Milk dietary fiber
- Whole Milk vs 2% Milk vitaminium C
- Whole Milk vs Coffee Creamer magnessium
- Whole Milk vs Chobani Yogurt potassium