Onion vs Apple: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Onion
At first glance, you can see that in onion is less calories than in apple.
Onion has 40 kcal per 100g and apple 52 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 30%.
In onion and in apple most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare onion with apple in details.
Fact 2: Onion And Apple Nutrition Difference
Apple vs Onion: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.34 g||13.81 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||2.4 g|
|Protein||1.1 g||0.26 g|
|Calcium||23 mg||6 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||5 mg|
|Phosphorus||29 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||146 mg||107 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.17 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.046 mg||0.017 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.116 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.123 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.12 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||7.4 mg||4.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.02 mg||0.18 mg|
|Beta karoten||1 mg||27 mg|
More protein in onion
It is aslo easy to see see that in onion is more protein than in apple.
There is 0.26g per 100g of apple and 1.1g per 100g of onion so using simple math we can see that difference is about 323%.
Less carbohydrates in onion
In onion is less carbohydrates than in apple.
There is 13.81g/100g of carbohydrates in apple and 9.34g/100g in onion so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 48%.
Less fat in onion
In onion is less fats than in apple.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in apple and 0.1g/100g in onion. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates9.34 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein1.1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | sliced
- 88% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: apple vs onion
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): onion 171% more than apple
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): onion 4% more than apple
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): onion 27% more than apple
- Vitaminium B5: onion 102% more than apple
- Vitaminium B6: onion 193% more than apple
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): onion 533% more than apple
- Vitaminium C: onion 61% more than apple
- Vitaminium E: apple 800% more than onion
- Beta karoten: apple 2600% more than onion
Minerals: onion vs apple
Compares of onion
- Onion vs Asparagus
- Onion vs Beetroot
- Onion vs Bitter Melon
- Onion vs Bok Choy
- Onion vs Broccoli
- Onion vs Butternut Squash
- see all compares of onion
Compares of apple
- Calories from Onion
- Calories of Parsnips
- Calories in Peas
- Potato calories per 100g
- Pumpkin carbs per 100g
- Purslane protein per 100g
- Salad chicory fat per 100g
- How many calories does radish have?
- Calories in a half of salsify
- Calories in whole salsify
- Calories for one, two or more salsifies
- How much protein in shallot?