Broccoli vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Broccoli
At first glance, you can see that in broccoli is less calories than in onion.
Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18%.
In broccoli and in onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare broccoli with onion in details.
Fact 2: Broccoli And Onion Nutrition Difference
Onion vs Broccoli: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.64 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||2.82 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||316 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||33 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.41 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.071 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.117 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.639 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.573 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.175 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||63 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||89.2 mg||7.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.17 mg||0.02 mg|
|Beta karoten||361 mg||1 mg|
More protein in broccoli
It is aslo easy to see see that in broccoli is more protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 2.82g per 100g of broccoli so using simple math we can see that difference is about 156%.
Less carbohydrates in broccoli
In broccoli is less carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 6.64g/100g in broccoli so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 41%.
More fat in broccoli
In broccoli is more fats than in onion.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in onion and 0.37g/100g in broccoli. In this case difference is about 270%.
- Carbohydrates6.64 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein2.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | flowerets | cup | half cup | 1 floweret
- 65% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: onion vs broccoli
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): broccoli 54% more than onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 333% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): broccoli 451% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: broccoli 366% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: broccoli 46% more than onion
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): broccoli 232% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: broccoli 1105% more than onion
- Vitaminium E: broccoli 750% more than onion
- Beta karoten: broccoli 36000% more than onion
Minerals: broccoli vs onion
Compares of broccoli
- Broccoli vs Artichoke
- Broccoli vs Arugula
- Broccoli vs Asparagus
- Broccoli vs Bamboo Shoots
- Broccoli vs Beetroot
- Broccoli vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of broccoli
Compares of onion
- Calories from Broccoli
- Calories of Rapini
- Calories in Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash calories per 100g
- Cabbage carbs per 100g
- Carrot protein per 100g
- Cassava fat per 100g
- How many calories does cauliflower have?
- Calories in a half of cucumber
- Calories in whole cucumber
- Calories for one, two or more cucumbers
- Calories in slice of cucumber
- How much protein in eggplant?