Butternut Squash vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Butternut squash
At first glance, you can see that in butternut squash is more calories than in onion.
Butternut squash has 45 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 13%.
In butternut squash and in onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare butternut squash with onion in details.
Fact 2: Butternut squash And Onion Nutrition Difference
Onion vs Butternut squash: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Butternut squash||Onion|
|Carbohydrates||11.69 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||33 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||352 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.154 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||7.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.44 mg||0.02 mg|
|Beta karoten||4226 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in butternut squash
It is aslo easy to see see that in butternut squash is less protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 1g per 100g of butternut squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10%.
More carbohydrates in butternut squash
In butternut squash is more carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 11.69g/100g in butternut squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 25%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in butternut squash and onion - 0.1g/100g.
- Carbohydrates11.69 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | mashed
- 91% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: onion vs butternut squash
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash 117% more than onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): onion 35% more than butternut squash
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash 934% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: butternut squash 225% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: butternut squash 28% more than onion
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): butternut squash 42% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: butternut squash 184% more than onion
- Vitaminium E: butternut squash 7100% more than onion
- Beta karoten: butternut squash 422500% more than onion
Minerals: butternut squash vs onion
Compares of butternut squash
- Butternut Squash vs Artichoke
- Butternut Squash vs Asparagus
- Butternut Squash vs Beetroot
- Butternut Squash vs Calabash
- Butternut Squash vs Broccoli
- Butternut Squash vs Cabbage
- see all compares of butternut squash
Compares of onion
- Calories from Butternut squash
- Calories of Cabbage
- Calories in Carrot
- Cassava calories per 100g
- Cauliflower carbs per 100g
- Fodder cabbage protein per 100g
- Cucumber fat per 100g
- How many calories does eggplant have?
- Calories in handful of fava beans
- Calories in tablespoon of fava beans
- How much protein in fennel?
- Butternut Squash vs Parsnips nutrition
- Butternut Squash vs Peas calories
- Butternut Squash vs Potato protein
- Butternut Squash vs Pumpkin sugar
- Butternut Squash vs Spinach vitamins
- Butternut Squash vs Corn dietary fiber
- Butternut Squash vs Sweet Potato vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Tomato magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Turnip potassium