Bok Choy Lettuce vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bok choy
At first glance, you can see that in bok choy is much less calories than in onion.
Bok choy has 13 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 208%.
In bok choy and in onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bok choy with onion in details.
Fact 2: Bok choy And Onion Nutrition Difference
Onion vs Bok choy: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bok choy lettuce||Onion|
|Carbohydrates||2.18 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||105 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||37 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||65 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||0.19 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.088 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.194 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||66 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||45 mg||7.4 mg|
|Beta karoten||2681 mg||1 mg|
More protein in bok choy
It is aslo easy to see see that in bok choy is more protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 1.5g per 100g of bok choy so using simple math we can see that difference is about 36%.
Less carbohydrates in bok choy
In bok choy is less carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 2.18g/100g in bok choy so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 328%.
More fat in bok choy
In bok choy is more fats than in onion.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in onion and 0.2g/100g in bok choy. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates2.18 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber1 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: onion vs bok choy
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): onion 15% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bok choy 159% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bok choy 331% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: onion 40% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B6: bok choy 62% more than onion
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bok choy 247% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: bok choy 508% more than onion
- Beta karoten: bok choy 268000% more than onion
Minerals: bok choy vs onion
Compares of bok choy
- Bok Choy vs Artichoke
- Bok Choy vs Arugula
- Bok Choy vs Asparagus
- Bok Choy vs Pepper
- Bok Choy vs Broccoli
- Bok Choy vs Rapini
- see all compares of bok choy
Compares of onion
- Calories from Bok choy lettuce
- Calories of Calabash
- Calories in Broccoli
- Rapini calories per 100g
- Brussels sprouts carbs per 100g
- Butternut squash protein per 100g
- Cabbage fat per 100g
- How many calories does carrot have?
- Calories in a half of cauliflower
- Calories in whole cauliflower
- Calories for one, two or more cauliflowers
- How much protein in fodder cabbage?