Mackerel vs Tuna: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Mackerel
At first glance, you can see that in mackerel is more calories than in tuna.
Mackerel has 205 kcal per 100g and tuna 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 42%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in mackerel cames from fat and in tuna from protein.
See tables below to compare mackerel with tuna in details.
Fact 2: Mackerel And Tuna Nutrition Difference
Tuna vs Mackerel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||13.89 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||18.6 g||23.33 g|
|Water||63.55 g||68.09 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||1.02 mg|
|Magnessium||76 mg||50 mg|
|Phosphorus||5 mg||5.7 mg|
|Potassium||314 mg||252 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||39 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||5.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.241 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.312 mg||0.251 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.08 mg||8.654 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.399 mg||0.455 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.52 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in mackerel
It is aslo easy to see see that in mackerel is less protein than in tuna.
There is 23.33g per 100g of tuna and 18.6g per 100g of mackerel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 25%.
More fat in mackerel
In mackerel is more fats than in tuna.
The tables above show us that there is 4.9g/100g of fats in tuna and 13.89g/100g in mackerel. In this case difference is about 183%.
- Fat13.89 g
- Protein18.6 g
- Water63.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 63% FAT
Vitamins: tuna vs mackerel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 37% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel 24% more than tuna
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel 5% more than tuna
- Vitaminium B6: tuna 14% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tuna 100% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium E: mackerel 52% more than tuna
Minerals: mackerel vs tuna
Compares of mackerel
- Mackerel vs Anchovy
- Mackerel vs Carp
- Mackerel vs Cod Fillet
- Mackerel vs Eel
- Mackerel vs Flounder
- Mackerel vs Herring
- see all compares of mackerel
Compares of tuna
- Calories from Mackerel
- Calories of Smoked cheese
- Calories in Pepitas
- Biryani calories per 100g
- Bacardi rum carbs per 100g
- Matcha protein per 100g
- Shredded cheddar cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does banana pudding have?
- Calories in a half of potato salad with egg
- Calories in whole potato salad with egg
- Calories for one, two or more potato salad with egg
- How much protein in pecan pie?