Tuna vs Smoked Or Grilled Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Tuna
At first glance, you can see that in tuna is more calories than in smoked salmon.
Tuna has 144 kcal per 100g and smoked salmon 117 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23%.
In tuna and in grilled salmon most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare tuna with smoked salmon in details.
Fact 2: Tuna And Smoked salmon Nutrition Difference
Smoked salmon vs Tuna: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Tuna||Smoked or grilled salmon|
|Fat||4.9 g||4.32 g|
|Protein||23.33 g||18.28 g|
|Water||68.09 g||72 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||1.02 mg||0.85 mg|
|Magnessium||50 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.7 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||175 mg|
|Sodium||39 mg||672 mg|
|Zink||5.7 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.241 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.251 mg||0.101 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.654 mg||4.72 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.455 mg||0.278 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||1.35 mg|
More protein in tuna
It is aslo easy to see see that in tuna is more protein than in smoked salmon.
There is 18.28g per 100g of smoked salmon and 23.33g per 100g of tuna so using simple math we can see that difference is about 28%.
More fat in tuna
In tuna is more fats than in smoked salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 4.32g/100g of fats in smoked salmon and 4.9g/100g in tuna. In this case difference is about 13%.
- Fat4.9 g
- Protein23.33 g
- Water68.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup of canned fish | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 68% PROTEIN
- 32% FAT
Vitamins: smoked salmon vs tuna
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 948% more than smoked salmon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tuna 149% more than smoked salmon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tuna 83% more than smoked salmon
- Vitaminium B6: tuna 64% more than smoked salmon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): smoked salmon 0% more than tuna
- Vitaminium E: smoked salmon 35% more than tuna
Minerals: tuna vs smoked salmon
Compares of tuna
- Tuna vs Anchovy
- Tuna vs Carp
- Tuna vs Cod Fillet
- Tuna vs Eel
- Tuna vs Flounder
- Tuna vs Halibut
- see all compares of tuna
Compares of grilled salmon
- Calories from Tuna
- Calories of Belriso
- Calories in Bosc pear
- Mango lassi calories per 100g
- Buttered bagel carbs per 100g
- Pozole soup (canned) protein per 100g
- Chow mein fat per 100g
- How many calories does Digiorno Pizza have?
- Calories in a half of pineapple salad
- Calories in whole pineapple salad
- Calories for one, two or more pineapple salad
- How much protein in chicken finger?