Tuna: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Tuna: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in tuna?
To give you an idea, fillet (125 g) tuna has about 180 calories.
It is about 8% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from fillet tuna is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3 apples
- 2 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1.5 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 9 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you need to bike at least 26 minutes, swim for about 21 minutes or run for 18 minutes.
See all nutrition data of tuna on charts.
Tuna: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 tuna?
As I wrote before fillet (125 g) has 180 calories. It is easy to count that two tuna have about 360 calories and three tuna have about 540 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five tuna.
- Fillet (125 g)180 kcal
- Cup of tuna (150g)216 kcal
- Half cup of tuna (75g)108 kcal
- Tuna cup of canned fish (225g)324 kcal
- Tuna steak (125g)180 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of tuna41 kcal
Protein in tuna
Tuna has 23.33 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of fillet (125 g) you can see that you will get about 29.2 g of protein.
Carbs in tuna
0 g of carbs - tuna has no carbohydrates.
Fat in tuna
Tuna has 4.9 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that fillet (125 g) has about 6.1 g of fat.
fillet (125 g) has:180kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
tuna - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A2183 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.241 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.251 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)8.654 mg
- Vitaminium B60.455 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.002 mcg
- Vitaminium E1 mg
Energy content of tuna
- 0% CARBS
- 68% PROTEIN
- 32% FAT
tuna - minerals per 100g
- Potassium252 mg
- Phosphorus5.7 mg
- Magnessium50 mg
- Calcium8 mg
- Sodium39 mg
- Iron1.02 mg
- Zink5.7 mg
Does tuna cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Similar to other products number of calories in tuna puts it in the avarage of fish. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific fish, tuna seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Interesting charts - compare tuna with other fish
When you look at charts below you will see how tuna looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do Club Crackers have?
- Calories in a half of chicken finger
- Calories in whole chicken finger
- Calories for one, two or more chicken finger
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in rose apple?
- How much fat in Wheat Thins?
- How much protein in chicken strip?
- What is weight of green onions?
- Portabella mushrooms calories per ounce (oz)
- Corned beef sandwich calories per serving size