Mackerel vs Shark Meat: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Mackerel
At first glance, you can see that in mackerel is much more calories than in shark meat.
Mackerel has 205 kcal per 100g and shark meat 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 58%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in mackerel cames from fat and in shark from protein.
See tables below to compare mackerel with shark meat in details.
Fact 2: Mackerel And Shark meat Nutrition Difference
Shark meat vs Mackerel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Mackerel||Shark meat|
|Fat||13.89 g||4.51 g|
|Protein||18.6 g||20.98 g|
|Water||63.55 g||73.58 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||34 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||0.84 mg|
|Magnessium||76 mg||49 mg|
|Phosphorus||5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||314 mg||160 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||79 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.312 mg||0.062 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.08 mg||2.938 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.399 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.52 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in mackerel
It is aslo easy to see see that in mackerel is less protein than in shark meat.
There is 20.98g per 100g of shark meat and 18.6g per 100g of mackerel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13%.
More fat in mackerel
In mackerel is more fats than in shark meat.
The tables above show us that there is 4.51g/100g of fats in shark meat and 13.89g/100g in mackerel. In this case difference is about 208%.
- Fat13.89 g
- Protein18.6 g
- Water63.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 63% FAT
Vitamins: shark meat vs mackerel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mackerel 319% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel 403% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel 209% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B6: shark meat 0% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): shark meat 200% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium E: mackerel 52% more than shark meat
Minerals: mackerel vs shark meat
- Calcium: shark meat 183% more than mackerel
- Iron: mackerel 94% more than shark meat
- Magnessium: mackerel 55% more than shark meat
- Phosphorus: mackerel 4900% more than shark meat
- Potassium: mackerel 96% more than shark meat
- Sodium: mackerel 14% more than shark meat
- Zink: mackerel 4900% more than shark meat
Compares of mackerel
- Mackerel vs Anchovy
- Mackerel vs Carp
- Mackerel vs Cod Fillet
- Mackerel vs Eel
- Mackerel vs Flounder
- Mackerel vs Herring
- see all compares of mackerel
Compares of shark
- Calories from Mackerel
- Calories of Smoked cheese
- Calories in Pepitas
- Biryani calories per 100g
- Bacardi rum carbs per 100g
- Matcha protein per 100g
- Shredded cheddar cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does banana pudding have?
- Calories in a half of potato salad with egg
- Calories in whole potato salad with egg
- Calories for one, two or more potato salad with egg
- How much protein in pecan pie?