Lima Beans vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is much more calories than in potato.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 339%.
In lima beans and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with potato in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Potato|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||385 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||2.83 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.355 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||2 mg|
More protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is more protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 947%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 262%.
More fat in lima beans
In lima beans is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 590%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lima beans 526% more than potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 531% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lima beans 45% more than potato
- Vitaminium B5: lima beans 386% more than potato
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 72% more than potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 2533% more than potato
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 200% more than potato
Minerals: lima beans vs potato
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of potato
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?