Banana vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Banana
At first glance, you can see that in banana is more calories than in potato.
Banana has 89 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 16%.
In banana and in potato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare banana with potato in details.
Fact 2: Banana And Potato Nutrition Difference
Potato vs Banana: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||22.84 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.33 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.09 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.26 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||22 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||358 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.073 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.665 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.334 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.367 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||20 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8.7 mg||19.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.5 mg||2 mg|
|Beta karoten||26 mg||4 mg|
Less protein in banana
It is aslo easy to see see that in banana is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 1.09g per 100g of banana so using simple math we can see that difference is about 88%.
More carbohydrates in banana
In banana is more carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 22.84g/100g in banana so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 31%.
More fat in banana
In banana is more fats than in potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.33g/100g in banana. In this case difference is about 230%.
- Carbohydrates22.84 g
- Fat0.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein1.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | sliced
- 93% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: potato vs banana
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato 161% more than banana
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): banana 128% more than potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato 60% more than banana
- Vitaminium B5: banana 20% more than potato
- Vitaminium B6: banana 23% more than potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): banana 33% more than potato
- Vitaminium C: potato 126% more than banana
- Vitaminium K: potato 300% more than banana
- Beta karoten: banana 550% more than potato
Minerals: banana vs potato
Compares of banana
- Banana vs Apple
- Banana vs Apricot
- Banana vs Avocado
- Banana vs Blackberry
- Banana vs Blueberries
- Banana vs Melon
- see all compares of banana
Compares of potato
- Calories from Banana
- Calories of Apple
- Calories in Blackberries
- Blackcurrant calories per 100g
- Blueberries carbs per 100g
- Melon protein per 100g
- Cherimoya fat per 100g
- How many calories do cherries have?
- Calories in a half of dates
- Calories in whole dates
- Calories for one, two or more dates
- Calories in handful of dates
- How much protein in durian?