Lima Beans vs Pinto Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is just a little less calories than in pinto beans.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and pinto beans 347 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In lima beans and in pinto beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with pinto beans in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Pinto beans Nutrition Difference
Pinto beans vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Pinto beans|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||62.55 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||1.23 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||15.5 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||21.42 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||113 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||5.07 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||176 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||1393 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.713 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||1.174 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.474 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.72 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||0.006 mg|
More protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is more protein than in pinto beans.
There is 21.42g per 100g of pinto beans and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 0%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in pinto beans.
There is 62.55g/100g of carbohydrates in pinto beans and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
Less fat in lima beans
In lima beans is less fats than in pinto beans.
The tables above show us that there is 1.23g/100g of fats in pinto beans and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 78%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: pinto beans vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pinto beans 41% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pinto beans 5% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lima beans 31% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 8% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 75138% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium E: lima beans 243% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 99900% more than pinto beans
Minerals: lima beans vs pinto beans
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of pinto beans
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?