Pinto Beans vs Garbanzo Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Pinto beans
At first glance, you can see that in pinto beans is just a little less calories than in garbanzo beans.
Pinto beans has 347 kcal per 100g and garbanzo beans 378 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 9%.
In pinto beans and in garbanzo bean most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pinto beans with garbanzo beans in details.
Fact 2: Pinto beans And Garbanzo beans Nutrition Difference
- Calories: garbanzo beans - 9% more than pinto beans
- Carbohydrates: garbanzo beans - 1% more than pinto beans
- Fat: garbanzo beans - 391% more than pinto beans
- Dietary fiber: pinto beans - 27% more than garbanzo beans
- Protein: pinto beans - 5% more than garbanzo beans
- Water: pinto beans - 48% more than garbanzo beans
Garbanzo beans vs Pinto beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Pinto beans||Garbanzo beans|
|Carbohydrates||62.55 g||62.95 g|
|Fat||1.23 g||6.04 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.5 g||12.2 g|
|Protein||21.42 g||20.47 g|
|Water||11.33 g||7.68 g|
|Calcium||113 mg||57 mg|
|Iron||5.07 mg||4.31 mg|
|Magnessium||176 mg||79 mg|
|Potassium||1393 mg||718 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.713 mg||0.477 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.212 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.174 mg||1.541 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.474 mg||0.535 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.525 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.3 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.82 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.006 mg||0.009 mg|
More protein in pinto beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in pinto beans is more protein than in garbanzo beans.
There is 20.47g per 100g of garbanzo beans and 21.42g per 100g of pinto beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5%.
Less carbohydrates in pinto beans
In pinto beans is less carbohydrates than in garbanzo beans.
There is 62.95g/100g of carbohydrates in garbanzo beans and 62.55g/100g in pinto beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
Less fat in pinto beans
In pinto beans is less fats than in garbanzo beans.
The tables above show us that there is 6.04g/100g of fats in garbanzo beans and 1.23g/100g in pinto beans. In this case difference is about 391%.
- Carbohydrates62.55 g
- Fat1.23 g
- Dietary fiber15.5 g
- Protein21.42 g
- Water11.33 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: garbanzo beans vs pinto beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pinto beans 49% more than garbanzo beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): garbanzo beans 0% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): garbanzo beans 31% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B6: garbanzo beans 13% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): garbanzo beans 6% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium C: pinto beans 58% more than garbanzo beans
- Vitaminium E: garbanzo beans 290% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium K: garbanzo beans 50% more than pinto beans
Minerals: pinto beans vs garbanzo beans
Compares of pinto beans
- Pinto Beans vs Fava Beans
- Pinto Beans vs Lima Beans
- Pinto Beans vs Black Beans
- Pinto Beans vs Garbanzo Beans
- Pinto Beans vs Kidney Beans
- Pinto Beans vs Black Eyed Peas
- see all compares of pinto beans
Compares of garbanzo bean
- Calories from Pinto beans
- Calories of Pad Thai with meat
- Calories in Arrowroot flour
- Black beans calories per 100g
- Black bread carbs per 100g
- Fried egg white protein per 100g
- Roasted cashews fat per 100g
- How many calories do dried goji berries have?
- Calories in tablespoon of egg salad
- Calories in teaspoon of egg salad
- How much protein in brown bread?
- Pinto Beans vs Kidney Beans nutrition
- Pinto Beans vs Black Eyed Peas calories
- Iceberg Lettuce vs Salad Greens protein
- Yellow Squash vs Acorn Squash sugar
- Jalapeno vs Yellow Bell Pepper vitamins
- Jalapeno vs Sweet Pepper dietary fiber
- Jicama vs Rutabaga vitaminium C
- Jicama vs Yuca magnessium
- Portabella Mushrooms vs Oyster Mushrooms potassium