Fennel vs Leek: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Fennel
At first glance, you can see that in fennel is much less calories than in leek.
Fennel has 31 kcal per 100g and leek 61 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 97%.
In fennel and in leek most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare fennel with leek in details.
Fact 2: Fennel And Leek Nutrition Difference
Leek vs Fennel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||7.29 g||14.15 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.1 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||1.24 g||1.5 g|
|Calcium||49 mg||59 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||2.1 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||50 mg||35 mg|
|Potassium||414 mg||180 mg|
|Sodium||52 mg||20 mg|
|Zink||0.2 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.01 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.032 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.64 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.232 mg||0.14 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.047 mg||0.233 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||64 mg|
|Vitaminium C||12 mg||12 mg|
Less protein in fennel
It is aslo easy to see see that in fennel is less protein than in leek.
There is 1.5g per 100g of leek and 1.24g per 100g of fennel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 21%.
Less carbohydrates in fennel
In fennel is less carbohydrates than in leek.
There is 14.15g/100g of carbohydrates in leek and 7.29g/100g in fennel so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 94%.
Less fat in fennel
In fennel is less fats than in leek.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in leek and 0.2g/100g in fennel. In this case difference is about 50%.
- Carbohydrates7.29 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber3.1 g
- Protein1.24 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 81% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: leek vs fennel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): leek 500% more than fennel
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): fennel 7% more than leek
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fennel 60% more than leek
- Vitaminium B5: fennel 66% more than leek
- Vitaminium B6: leek 396% more than fennel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): leek 137% more than fennel
- Vitaminium C: leek 0% more than fennel
Minerals: fennel vs leek
Compares of fennel
- Fennel vs Bok Choy
- Fennel vs Carrot
- Fennel vs Cauliflower
- Fennel vs Cucumber
- Fennel vs Kale
- Fennel vs Kohlrabi
- see all compares of fennel
Compares of leek
- Calories from Fennel
- Calories of Kale
- Calories in Kohlrabi
- Leek calories per 100g
- Lettuce carbs per 100g
- Lima beans protein per 100g
- Lotus root fat per 100g
- How many calories does moringa have?
- Calories in a half of okra
- Calories in whole okra
- Calories for one, two or more okra fruits
- Calories in handful of okra fruits
- How much protein in onion?