Duck vs Veal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Duck meat
At first glance, you can see that in duck meat is much more calories than in veal.
Duck meat has 404 kcal per 100g and veal 172 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 135%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in duck meat cames from fat and in veal from protein.
See tables below to compare duck meat with veal in details.
Fact 2: Duck meat And Veal Nutrition Difference
Veal vs Duck meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||39.34 g||7.56 g|
|Protein||11.49 g||24.38 g|
|Water||48.5 g||66.76 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||2.4 mg||0.99 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||24 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.5 mg||1.2 mg|
|Potassium||209 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||83 mg|
|Zink||5.5 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.197 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.21 mg||0.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.934 mg||8.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.19 mg||0.39 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.013 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.7 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.006 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in duck meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in duck meat is less protein than in veal.
There is 24.38g per 100g of veal and 11.49g per 100g of duck meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 112%.
More fat in duck meat
In duck meat is more fats than in veal.
The tables above show us that there is 7.56g/100g of fats in veal and 39.34g/100g in duck meat. In this case difference is about 420%.
- Fat39.34 g
- Protein11.49 g
- Water48.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg
- 0% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: veal vs duck meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): duck meat 181% more than veal
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): veal 29% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): veal 104% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B6: veal 105% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): duck meat 18% more than veal
- Vitaminium E: duck meat 367% more than veal
- Vitaminium K: duck meat 500% more than veal
Minerals: duck meat vs veal
Compares of duck meat
- Duck Meat vs Chicken
- Duck Meat vs Duck Breast
- Duck Meat vs Goose Meat
- Duck Meat vs Turkey Meat
- Duck Meat vs Pork
- Duck Meat vs Veal
- see all compares of duck meat
Compares of veal
- Calories from Duck
- Calories of Prunes
- Calories in Carp
- Linseed oil calories per 100g
- Riesling carbs per 100g
- Cooked mushrooms protein per 100g
- Biscotti fat per 100g
- How many calories does Baba Ganoush have?
- Calories in a half of cooked sardines
- Calories in whole cooked sardines
- Calories for one, two or more cooked sardines
- How much protein in gravy?