Duck vs Duck Breast: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Duck meat
At first glance, you can see that in duck meat is much more calories than in duck breast.
Duck meat has 404 kcal per 100g and duck breast 123 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 228%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in duck meat cames from fat and in duck breast from protein.
See tables below to compare duck meat with duck breast in details.
Fact 2: Duck meat And Duck breast Nutrition Difference
Duck breast vs Duck meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Duck||Duck breast|
|Fat||39.34 g||4.25 g|
|Protein||11.49 g||19.85 g|
|Water||48.5 g||75.51 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||3 mg|
|Iron||2.4 mg||4.51 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||22 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.5 mg||16 mg|
|Potassium||209 mg||268 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||57 mg|
|Zink||5.5 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.197 mg||0.416 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.21 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.934 mg||3.444 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.19 mg||0.63 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.013 mg||0.025 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.8 mg||6.2 mg|
Less protein in duck meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in duck meat is less protein than in duck breast.
There is 19.85g per 100g of duck breast and 11.49g per 100g of duck meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 73%.
More fat in duck meat
In duck meat is more fats than in duck breast.
The tables above show us that there is 4.25g/100g of fats in duck breast and 39.34g/100g in duck meat. In this case difference is about 826%.
- Fat39.34 g
- Protein11.49 g
- Water48.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg
- 0% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: duck breast vs duck meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): duck breast 111% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): duck breast 48% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): duck meat 14% more than duck breast
- Vitaminium B6: duck breast 232% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): duck breast 92% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium C: duck breast 121% more than duck meat
Minerals: duck meat vs duck breast
- Calcium: duck meat 267% more than duck breast
- Iron: duck breast 88% more than duck meat
- Magnessium: duck breast 47% more than duck meat
- Phosphorus: duck breast 191% more than duck meat
- Potassium: duck breast 28% more than duck meat
- Sodium: duck meat 11% more than duck breast
- Zink: duck breast 191% more than duck meat
Compares of duck meat
- Duck Meat vs Chicken
- Duck Meat vs Duck Breast
- Duck Meat vs Goose Meat
- Duck Meat vs Turkey Meat
- Duck Meat vs Pork
- Duck Meat vs Veal
- see all compares of duck meat
Compares of duck breast
- Calories from Duck
- Calories of Prunes
- Calories in Carp
- Linseed oil calories per 100g
- Riesling carbs per 100g
- Cooked mushrooms protein per 100g
- Biscotti fat per 100g
- How many calories does Baba Ganoush have?
- Calories in a half of cooked sardines
- Calories in whole cooked sardines
- Calories for one, two or more cooked sardines
- How much protein in gravy?