Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Halibut vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is more calories than in salmon.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 12 %.
In halibut and in salmon most calories came from fat.
halibut or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 12% more than halibut
- Fat: halibut - 3% more than salmon
- Protein: salmon - 42% more than halibut
- Water: halibut - 8% more than salmon
Halibut vs salmon nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Salmon|
|Fat||13.84 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||20.42 g|
|Water||70.27 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||3.55 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 42 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in halibut and salmon - 0g/100g.
In halibut is more fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 3 %.
See tables below to compare halibut with salmon in details.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs halibut
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 245% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 94% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon 478% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 51% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 2500% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: salmon 386% more than halibut
Minerals: halibut vs salmon
Compares of halibut
- Halibut vs Carp
- Halibut vs Cod Fillet
- Halibut vs Flounder
- Halibut vs Herring
- Halibut vs Shark Meat
- Halibut vs Swordfish
- see all compares of halibut
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?