Barley: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Barley: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, standard serving size, tablespoon, half cup and more
How many calories in barley?
For example, standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 553 calories.
It is about 23% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from standard serving size of barley is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 10.5 apples
- 7 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 5.5 slices of cheese
- 5 slices of bread
- 4.5 glasses of milk
- 29 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 79 minutes, swim for about 65 minutes or run for 56 minutes.
See all nutrition data of barley on charts.
Barley: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||77.72 g||~ 22 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.6 g||~ 4.4 g|
|Fat||1.16 g||~ 0.3 g|
|Protein||9.91 g||~ 2.8 g|
|Water||10.09 g||~ 2.9 g|
How many calories in standard serving size, tablespoon or half cup of barley?
As I wrote before 100g has 352 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. standard serving size, tablespoon or half cup of barley.
- Standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g)553 kcal
- Tablespoon of barley (10g)35 kcal
- Half cup of barley (78.5g)276 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of barley100 kcal
- 10g of barley35 kcal
- 20g of barley70 kcal
- 50g of barley176 kcal
- 100g of barley352 kcal
Protein in barley
Barley has 9.91 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) you can see that you will get about 15.6 g of protein.
Carbs in barley
Barley has 77.72 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 122 g of carbs.
Fat in barley
Barley has 1.16 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 1.8 g of fat.
standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has:553kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
barley - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A22 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.191 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.114 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)4.604 mg
- Vitaminium B60.26 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)0.023 mcg
- Vitaminium E0.02 mg
- Vitaminium K0.002 mg
Energy content of barley
- 86% CARBS
- 11% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
barley - minerals per 100g
- Potassium280 mg
- Magnessium79 mg
- Calcium29 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron2.5 mg
Interesting charts - compare barley with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how barley looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do mussels have?
- Calories in a half of Red Bull
- Calories in whole Red Bull
- Calories for one, two or more Red Bull
- Calories in glass of Red Bull
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in mushrooms gravy?
- How much fat in frozen yogurt sandwich?
- How much protein in fruit smoothie?
- What is weight of balsamic vinegar?
- Pepperoni pizza calories per ounce (oz)
- Navel orange calories per serving size