Barley: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in barley?
For example, standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 553 calories.
It is about 23% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 553 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from barley is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 10.5 apples
- 7 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 5.5 slices of cheese
- 5 slices of bread
- 4.5 glasses of milk
- 29 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about barley nutrition.
See all nutrition data of barley on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Standard Serving Size (1 Cup) of Barley (157 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g)|
|Carbs Total||77.72 g||22.03 g||122 g|
|Dietary fiber||15.6 g||4.42 g||24.5 g|
|Fat||1.16 g||0.33 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||9.91 g||2.81 g||15.6 g|
|Water||10.09 g||2.86 g||15.8 g|
barley - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A22 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.191 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.114 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)4.604 mg
- Vit B60.26 mg
- Vit B9 (Folic acid)0.023 mcg
- Vit E0.02 mg
- Vit K0.002 mg
Energy content of barley
- 86% CARBS
- 11% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
barley - minerals per 100g
- Potassium280 mg
- Magnessium79 mg
- Calcium29 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron2.5 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 barley?
As I wrote before standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has 553 calories. It is easy to count that two barley have about 1106 calories and three barley have about 1659 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five barley.
- Standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g)553 kcal
- Tablespoon of barley (10g)35 kcal
- Half cup of barley (78.5g)276 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of barley100 kcal
- Half of medium size barley276.5 kcal
- Small size barley (126g)442.4 kcal
- Big size barley (204g)718.9 kcal
- Two medium size barley1106 kcal
- Three medium size barley1659 kcal
- Four medium size barley2212 kcal
- Five medium size barley2765 kcal
Protein in barley
Barley has 9.91 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) you can see that you will get about 15.6 g of protein.
Carbs in barley
Barley has 77.72 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 122 g of carbs.
Fat in barley
Barley has 1.16 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has about 1.8 g of fat.
standard serving size (1 cup) of barley (157 g) has:553kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare barley with other grain products
When you look at charts below you will see how barley looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories do mussels have?
- Calories in a half of Red Bull
- Calories in whole Red Bull
- Calories for one, two or more Red Bull
- Calories in glass of Red Bull
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in mushrooms gravy?
- How much fat in frozen yogurt sandwich?
- How much protein in fruit smoothie?
- What is weight of balsamic vinegar?
- Pepperoni pizza calories per ounce (oz)
- Navel orange calories per serving size