Flounder (Fillet, Meat) vs Halibut (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Flounder
At first glance, you can see that in flounder is much less calories than in halibut.
Flounder has 70 kcal per 100g and halibut 186 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 166%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in flounder cames from protein and in halibut from fat.
See tables below to compare flounder with halibut in details.
Fact 2: Flounder And Halibut Nutrition Difference
Halibut vs Flounder: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Flounder (fillet, meat)||Halibut (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||1.93 g||13.84 g|
|Protein||12.41 g||14.37 g|
|Water||84.63 g||70.27 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||3 mg|
|Iron||0.18 mg||0.66 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||160 mg||268 mg|
|Sodium||296 mg||80 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.022 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.04 mg||1.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.098 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.001 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.63 mg||0.73 mg|
Less protein in flounder
It is aslo easy to see see that in flounder is less protein than in halibut.
There is 14.37g per 100g of halibut and 12.41g per 100g of flounder so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
Less fat in flounder
In flounder is less fats than in halibut.
The tables above show us that there is 13.84g/100g of fats in halibut and 1.93g/100g in flounder. In this case difference is about 617%.
- Fat1.93 g
- Protein12.41 g
- Water84.63 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 74% PROTEIN
- 26% FAT
Vitamins: halibut vs flounder
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): halibut 173% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut 300% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): halibut 44% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B6: halibut 329% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): flounder 400% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: halibut 16% more than flounder
Minerals: flounder vs halibut
Compares of flounder
- Flounder vs Cod Fillet
- Flounder vs Halibut
- Flounder vs Herring
- Flounder vs Mackerel
- Flounder vs Perch
- Flounder vs Swordfish
- see all compares of flounder
Compares of halibut
- Calories from Flounder (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Argan oil
- Calories in Haddock
- Protein bar calories per 100g
- Udon noodles carbs per 100g
- Salad greens protein per 100g
- Zucchini bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does caesar chicken wrap have?
- Calories in a half of Life Savers
- Calories in whole Life Savers
- Calories for one, two or more Life Savers
- How much protein in barbecue sauce?