Cassava vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cassava
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is much more calories than in parsnips.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 113%.
In cassava and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cassava with parsnips in details.
Fact 2: Cassava And Parsnips Nutrition Difference
Parsnips vs Cassava: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||22.5 mg|
More protein in cassava
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is more protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13%.
More carbohydrates in cassava
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 112%.
Less fat in cassava
In cassava is less fats than in parsnips.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in parsnips and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 7%.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: parsnips vs cassava
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips 3% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips 4% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava 22% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 923% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 148% more than cassava
- Vitaminium C: cassava 21% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 1084% more than cassava
Minerals: cassava vs parsnips
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of parsnips
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?