Cassava vs Corn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cassava
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is much more calories than in corn.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and corn 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 86%.
In cassava and in corn most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cassava with corn in details.
Fact 2: Cassava And Corn Nutrition Difference
Corn vs Cassava: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||18.7 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||1.35 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||37 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||270 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||15 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.46 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||1.77 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||6.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||0.3 mg|
Less protein in cassava
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in corn.
There is 3.27g per 100g of corn and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 140%.
More carbohydrates in cassava
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in corn.
There is 18.7g/100g of carbohydrates in corn and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 104%.
Less fat in cassava
In cassava is less fats than in corn.
The tables above show us that there is 1.35g/100g of fats in corn and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 382%.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: corn vs cassava
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 78% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): corn 15% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 107% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B6: corn 6% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 56% more than cassava
- Vitaminium C: cassava 203% more than corn
- Vitaminium E: cassava 171% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: cassava 533% more than corn
Minerals: cassava vs corn
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of corn
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?