Cabbage vs Leek: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cabbage
At first glance, you can see that in cabbage is much less calories than in leek.
Cabbage has 25 kcal per 100g and leek 61 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 144%.
In cabbage and in leek most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cabbage with leek in details.
Fact 2: Cabbage And Leek Nutrition Difference
Leek vs Cabbage: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||5.8 g||14.15 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||1.5 g|
|Calcium||40 mg||59 mg|
|Iron||0.47 mg||2.1 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||28 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||35 mg|
|Potassium||170 mg||180 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||20 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.061 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.234 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.14 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.124 mg||0.233 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||53 mg||64 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.6 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium K||76 mg||47 mg|
|Beta karoten||42 mg||1000 mg|
Less protein in cabbage
It is aslo easy to see see that in cabbage is less protein than in leek.
There is 1.5g per 100g of leek and 1.3g per 100g of cabbage so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15%.
Less carbohydrates in cabbage
In cabbage is less carbohydrates than in leek.
There is 14.15g/100g of carbohydrates in leek and 5.8g/100g in cabbage so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 144%.
Less fat in cabbage
In cabbage is less fats than in leek.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in leek and 0.1g/100g in cabbage. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates5.8 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein1.3 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped
- 79% CARBS.
- 18% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: leek vs cabbage
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cabbage 2% more than leek
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cabbage 33% more than leek
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): leek 71% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B5: cabbage 51% more than leek
- Vitaminium B6: leek 88% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): leek 21% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium C: cabbage 205% more than leek
- Vitaminium K: cabbage 62% more than leek
- Beta karoten: leek 2281% more than cabbage
Minerals: cabbage vs leek
Compares of cabbage
- Cabbage vs Artichoke
- Cabbage vs Arugula
- Cabbage vs Asparagus
- Cabbage vs Bamboo Shoots
- Cabbage vs Beetroot
- Cabbage vs Bok Choy
- see all compares of cabbage
Compares of leek
- Calories from Cabbage
- Calories of Carrot
- Calories in Cassava
- Cauliflower calories per 100g
- Fodder cabbage carbs per 100g
- Cucumber protein per 100g
- Eggplant fat per 100g
- How many calories does endive have?
- Calories in a half of fennel
- Calories in whole fennel
- Calories for one, two or more sennels
- How much protein in kale?